• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynx Manifold Question: Why?

jwcurry

My name is on the list for the Lynx Manifold group by but....I do have a question.

I've got a "hogged-out" factory intake manifold along with a 38/38 downdraft Weber. It's dialed-in and running fine.

My question is, "why?". Why would someone want to switch?

Is there a major perfromance gain with a single 40 or single 45? Appearance?

I'm just asking....I have no opinion but would like to hear some

just in case the group buy happens and I have to pony up cash.

I put my name on the list for a Lynx, but at the time only had a 32/36 and

wanted more "oomph!" I beleive I have that now with the 38/38

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

So, take your name off the list.

I am in a similar boat. But, my 38 ain't perfect. It stumbles around the neighborhood. So I figured it was an opportunity to get in on a "rare" part that I could resell at cost anyway if I didn't want it.

But, it's probably a moot point since the group buy supplier has apparently dried up.

I think that everyone on the list should be reconfirmed before any group order is placed.

'76 2002 (Sold)

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon (at least it's a 2002)

Well from what i've heard, and what I know about engine dynamics, with the Lynx set up you get long runers (which helps with lower down torque) and then you have one throat feeding 2 cylinders which fire at opposite firing pulses, so they aren't trying to steal the same air fuel mixture (I hope that makes sense). So then you have that, plus ths "infinite" tunability of the DCOE carb (if you have the jets and chokes and patience). Plus since the DCOE is a sidedraft, there is no 90 degree turn for the air to make, so it has smoother delivery. I don't own a lynx, but i"m looking to get one to convert into a EFI fuel injection system, with a nice little 2 barrel throttle body with LONG curved air horns, hopefully getting me good torque, good power, and good fuel milage, we'll see though. I'm still trying to find a Lynx at a decent price, and I need it pretty soon.

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I have the set up with the 45 DCOE. It replaced the 38/38 which replaced the 32/36. All were better than than the previous with the greatest being the jump to the Lynx set up. Granted my motor is not stock, but it is not wild either. The power is phenomenal throughout the band. I thought the 38/38 was great, this is better. Try it, you will like it. Peter

• 12 years later...

Chris, 

Do you stil have the Lynx manifold installed?

Is it worth the effort?

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car