• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay scams - what's going on?

Gil

Further to the recent post on the 2002 scam, there is another one I just came across. In this case it is a 67 Lancia Fulvia. Same setup and scam as the 02. I guess it is the same people?

The item number is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lancia-FULVIA-1967-LANCIA-FULVIA-COLLECTORS-ANTIQUE-GARAGE-KEPT-CLEAN_W0QQitemZ4590787660QQcategoryZ6292QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (item 4590787660) What happened to the box for pasting in links?

This particular scam is discussed at length on another message forum website. The real owner noticed his car listed for sale with his VIN and licence plate.

These crooks seem to be pretty smart. What the hey is going on that they can do this? Unbelievable! Is it possible to catch these guys?

Gil

73 02

Guest Anonymous

Indeed it is the very same ad of a car that recently was sold on Ebay from the St. Louis area. I watched that auction wanting to bid on it, but did not because of my worries over the expense of finding parts for this car. But....my, my....what a grreat car it is.

Absolutely, this guy is a scammer.

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

Guest Anonymous
perhaps we can all do ourselves a favor and question anyone's rationale for imposing a private bidder's list on an ebay auction.

Exactly. I have never bid on a private auction and never will.