• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borrani Wheels...Thx Jeremy ..pging Paul x-maxim

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Borrani wheels arrived.

Question about lugnut and center cap ...........

BMW part number

lugnut 36-13-1-113-132 ...........?

Center cap 36-13-1-127-230......?

The previous owner painted the centers gold/bronze...

Any one know the correct color? ..Planning to power coat wheels

Unfortunately, since the Alpinas farmed out to Borrani were not BMW parts, there are no BMW caps to fit. Proper caps do show up for stupid money on German eBay from time to time. If you want to know what they're supposed to look like, drop me an email and I'll send some photos. Once my own Borranis get to the top of the "do" pile, I'm going to either have some made or follow some internet leads for reasonable facsimiles.

Two of my Borranis still have original paint on them and it's a hard color to describe. It's not silver. More like a warmish grey (less brown than Sahara) with a very (very) slight amount of metallic flake. I don't have the wheels here in VA (they're at my brother's house in CT) and I don't have photos, but I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, if you're in or around Wethersfield CT, you're welcome to go have a look at them or borrow them to take to a painter for a match.

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Guest Anonymous

The color you described seems to match the color on my wheels...

Gray-Silver'ish...Unfortunatly the previous owner painted the centers Bronze..?

I'll let you know how well the BMW parts work out....I'm in TX

Chris

BMWClub_ Lone Star

70 1602

72 02tii Malaga

74 Mintgreen

Guest Anonymous

There are two scools of thought on the wheels. One is that the dull gray is some primer stuff - but more likely - it's silver that lost it's metallic over a few decades. remember - they had HUGE problems with silvers back in the 70s....ever seen an original Polaris paint job? It looks like battleship gray, if it's the original stuff - faded, dead dog GRAY.

I use Krylon "Dull Aluminum" - and it's a dead ringer for the BMW / Wurth brand wheel paint. Clean THOROUGHLY with Brakleen before spraying paint. Any hand oil or grease will ruin the paint job.

Hope this helps - you're on your own for the center caps....but surely SOMETHING out there would fit eh?

Paul Wegweiser