• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aussie n00b on forum...

TMK-001

you like the look. Mouldings cause rust mostly when the paint is chipped on installation. Other areas will rust long before the mouling clip holes. The biggest problem I think I may be seeing see in your pic is hood adjustment. The hood and door mouldings may be mis-aligned. One of the top five mistakes made on these cars is the attempt to make the hood gap match the door gap. This will damage the hood trailing edge and the drip rail mouldings unless the hood is raised so far at the rear that the mouldings don't match. If I'm seeing this correctly you may want to move hood forward, lower the rear, and match the hood/door gap to the trunk gap (sorry, boot gap). My dogs are both heelers. Anyone interested in restoring their '76?

post-262-13667559816789_thumb.jpg

I was looking at that tonight - I have a total sense of desire to get cracking on my car - the small things that I hope will make it a better driver and look nicer...

Thanks for the tip - I might have a play tomorrow/today and see what I can do.

Looking at your dogs now I do see a Red & a blue...

toddsig05.jpg

Hey Shaun,

I have emailed you, but it is coming back saying there is something wrong with the email address... maybe I stuffed it up...

Guys, I have made contact with Alasdair more about if he knows my car as the previous owner mentioned a "Guy near Wang' who knew his stuff" did some of the work...

I look forward to catching up soon! Im hanging to see 'Whitey' :-p

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

I have heard back from Alasdair, it turns out he did some of the work on my car including the engine rebuild and 5 speed upgrade... He seems to think it may have also had an LSD fitted. Its a shame as the spider gears went in that diff and I replaced it with a standard one.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Oh yeah,

Tom and Shaun, are you interested in going to the BMWCCV Show & Shine on November 13th at Trinity Grammar in Kew?

There is info about it on the BMWCCV website calendar.

I have already entered - I will be there with my car and hopefully my mum's 330ci.

Todd

toddsig05.jpg