• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro front turn signal cast lenses kit interest questions

Hey guys,

I talked to the casting company today and I was given some options but I need to see what everyone wants. I have a couple milestones I want to achieve first BUT I cant do them until I get the first castings as I only have one left and one right lens to make the molds from.

One kit = 2 Cast Euro lenses, 4 barrel rivets and 2 pieces of rivet tooling (for installing the rivets properly and a backup just in case)

My "to do" list after first run of casting but before I make any sales:

1) Figure out repeatable kit tooling for installing barrel rivets.
2) Figure out best bonding procedure for attaching lenses to your USA frames.
3) Figure out how to convert USA style turn signal light receptacle (inner piece) to convert so it fits under euro lens.
4) Show a couple of cheap ways to add 2 wire sequential/solid LED PCB's for the advanced DIY type consumer.
5) Compile and publish instructional documentation with pictures for 1-4 here on 2002FAQ message boards.

What I want to hear from you:

1) What do you want more? Amber, Clear or Smoked? Respond with first choice/second choice.
2) I have to pay a LOT for tooling, would you be willing to pay $80.00 USD for one of the first 100 kits (one kit contents described above) and $70.00 USD for the next batch of 100 kits IF demand is there for a second round? I have to commit to 100 pairs per order to get the price down, there is also no significant savings going higher than 100 pairs.
3) Will you be willing to send as friends and family ONLY on PayPal? I can not accept any payments for goods and services for these "hand made parts" as I am only going to be paid for my time doing this and at a lower rate then I do at my real job. I will have to refund every order with a PayPal payment that is "for goods and services".
4) Once I have 1-5 from my "to do" list done and posted on this forum AND I take delivery of the first 100 pairs of lenses that pass QA I will post a thread in the for sale section. Once I do they will be sold by PM only. You send me a PM of what you want, I approve that they are in stock ready to ship and you then pay as "friends and family" through PayPal and your order all ship out within 5 days of receiving your payment.  My original for sale post. will be updated once a day to reflect how many kits of each kind are left until they are gone. Does this sound acceptable to you?

Copy paste text below and change to what your answers are:

1) Amber/Clear/Smoked (pick 2, first choice first, second choice second)
2) Willing to pay $80.00 for first 100 pairs and $70.00 for second 100 pairs if market is still hungry for round 2?
3) Send payment "Friends and Family" only on PayPal? Yes/no
4) Approve of my selling format on 2002FAQ For Sale forums? Yes/No
5) Any other questions you might have place here please.

Thank you all for your input it is appreciated.

Some repeat pictures for you guys from my other thread of my first batch of lenses:

IMG_8460.jpg

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8457.jpg

IMG_8456.jpg

IMG_8455.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8445.jpg

Edited by lunarkingdom

OK

•  

• Copy paste text below and change to what your answers are:

1) Amber/Clear/Smoked (pick 2, first choice first, second choice second)     1st   Amber  2nd  Smoked
    2) Willing to pay $80.00 for first 100 pairs and $70.00 for second 100 pairs if market is still hungry for round 2?       Yes
    3) Send payment "Friends and Family" only on PayPal? Yes/no      Have to pay a fee to do F & F from Canada so would rather pay normally  then parties are better protected
    4) Approve of my selling format on 2002FAQ For Sale forums? Yes/No     Yes
    5) Any other questions you might have place here please.    Have noticed in the past that as the last ones made don't fit as well as the first ones

Thanks, Rick

1) Amber/Clear/Smoked (pick 2, first choice first, second choice second) -smoked first, amber second
2) Willing to pay $80.00 for first 100 pairs and $70.00 for second 100 pairs if market is still hungry for round 2? Yes those prices are acceptable 
3) Send payment "Friends and Family" only on PayPal? Yes/no- yes
4) Approve of my selling format on 2002FAQ For Sale forums? Yes/No-yes
5) Any other questions you might have place here please.- no other questions 

1) Amber/Clear/Smoked  -amber first, clear second
2) Willing to pay $80.00 for first 100 pairs and $70.00 for second 100 pairs if market is still hungry for round 2? Yes 
3) Send payment "Friends and Family" only on PayPal? Yes/no-  yes
4) Approve of my selling format on 2002FAQ For Sale forums? Yes/No- yes
5) Any other questions you might have place here please.- no other questions 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)