• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pan Repair follow up

VWScott

Some pics of recent progress. Passenger side finished with driver's side yest to go. Luckily rail survived and no rocker rust. Rust did do past pan so some additional area on footwell removed although not as much as originally thought.. Two coats of Eastwood primer/chassis paint and finally truck bed lining. Its a bit overkill for a car that wont be seeing daily axction but it does dampen road noise some as well. This was all because of AC unit and either not having a drip tray or drain was removed,plugged or whatever. Driver side was the usual rust pattern and not as bad and I'm about half finished there.

pan 1.jpg

pan 2.jpg

pan 3.jpg

pan 4.jpg

pan 5.jpg

pan 6.jpg

pan 7.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

VWScott....Thank you for reposting...I appreciate your previous post.  It was very helpful. 

I have a floorpan in need of love also.  What gauge steel did you use for the other non-purchased pieces?

Did you eventually use rust inhibitor on the remaining floor area after installing the floorpans?

Light is seriously underrated.