• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILWOOD 13 REAR DISC

Rich

Hi All, I was helping a racing buddy install the Wilwood 13 rear disc brake kit on his race car. He already has the 15 inch on the front. When mounting the new bracket to the callipers, we thought is was a very , for lack of better word, flimsy design. Only 2 bolt holes for attachment points to both the caliper and strut, also a bit thinner stock. The rabbit ears on the new brackets where the bolts go through to the cal;lipers seem to be a very wear stress point.  But mostly the bolt holes did not line up perfectly. Also, the end of the bolt and nut is pretty close to the surface of the new disk. Just wondering if any one has experience installing these on the rears and any tips, solutions or suggestions. Thanks, Richard

Wilwood doesn't offer a brake kit for the 114 chassis, so it would depend on what "kit" you have. If you are referring to the package that IE is offering, the bracket and everything involved works fine. With the backing plate off, the caliper hanger bolts to the arm spaced with a washer. The bolt length will be correct when the washers are used. It is very straightforward. I use that kit on my race car, and put it through more than most people who use this kit and haven't had a single failure. Also, depending on which caliper you have in the kit, you may have to cut the wheel flange down for clearance.

Edited by Furry Camel
I wasn't done talking yet.

14 minutes ago, Furry Camel said:

Wilwood doesn't offer a brake kit for the 114 chassis, so it would depend on what "kit" you have. If you are referring to the package that IE is offering, the bracket and everything involved works fine. With the backing plate off, the caliper hanger bolts to the arm spaced with a washer. The bolt length will be correct when the washers are used. It is very straightforward. I use that kit on my race car, and put it through more than most people who use this kit and haven't had a single failure. Also, depending on which caliper you have in the kit, you may have to cut the wheel flange down for clearance.

good morning, yes it is the Ireland Engeenering 13 inch brake kit for the rear. So, that is great to hear that you have not had any problems with cracking in that bracket that IE supplies, Thank you very much, R

• Like 1