• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early booster with single line MC assessment

Evening er'body—

I have here an early T51 booster and MC from my '69 (1-663-497). This guy services the brakes with single lines to the 4 corners. It's been on my bench for a month or so and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Because it came out of a car that's been parked for 40+ years I have no idea of it's working condition now or before it was parked. Given that, should I automatically assume rebuild? Lots of rebuilders out there including White Post right up the road from me. What's the popular consensus? I suppose the prudent thing to do would be to buy a new MC and send it plus the booster for a rebuild for peace of mind. Thanks for the help.

image.thumb.png.0b5d53c0d97e09158359492136d8ca9c.png

image.thumb.png.7084e38fc09c253a934518e283f6d1a6.png

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

7 hours ago, RoccoGilroy said:

Dollars to donuts the boosters fine. Buy a 320i master, and slap on some 320i calipers and off you go!

The 320i master is nearly identical. It just has a different shaped tank. But, with the correct rubber grommets, I suppose you can switch the tanks. I never bothered.  In addition to the cast steel, the 320i master also comes in the aluminum variant.

• Like 1