• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber bushings?

Does anyone have a list of parts numbers for every suspension bushing on my 1972 2002?  Every site I look at has tons of polyurethane sets of bushings, but no one seems to have the same for OE rubber.  I prefer to avoid the PU bushings for this project. On my 911 nearly every vendor has the option of complete sets of OE. 
So it seems that I need to order every bushing individually.  
Thanks in advance for the help. 

The quality, fitment, and availability of rubber bushings and mounts can vary at any given time.  Your best bet is to utilize a 2002-knowledgable vendor who keeps tabs on the current market.  Most of the bushings can be found OEM, but some (like the front control arm bushings) are documented as having fitment challenges.  Others (like the transmission mount) can be upgraded with bushings/mounts from later cars.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/vendors/

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/suspension-and-steering/

Welcome to the FAQ!

nope.

Partially because, as Andrew says, historically availability has been good,

but as the final stages of vulture capitalism spread to the far corners of the earth,

there's not much left out there that's worth messing with.*

On top of that, seldom do you end up replacing 'all' the bushings at once, and often,

you want rubber in the rear subframe, but Delrin in the trailing arms, etc, etc...

t

*it's true for 10 year old cars, now, too.  2015 X3 parts are coming Fabrique au Chine 

from suppliers who, 5 years ago, supplied German bushings for 2002s...  

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'm replacing a bunch right now on my E3 as I update the control arms etc. You can get them from W&N (Walloth & Nesch); I bought mine as a set, but I'm sure you can get them individually.

Edited by ricsix

73 02 Inka

05 M3 Schwarz 2

67 912 Light Ivory