• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Euro Hella H4 lights

saaron

I need the light assembly, not the bucket or bracket (whatever you want to call it).

Has to be the euro set up - the "US sealed beam to Hella H4" product won't work for my application.  

Back up would be a set of reflectors.  If I had to, I could buy the buckets and lights, too, if someone had a set.

Total shot in the dark.  I will learn German and hang out on German eBay as a next step, if this fails.  

Thanks.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

13 hours ago, saaron said:

I need the light assembly, not the bucket or bracket (whatever you want to call it).

Has to be the euro set up - the "US sealed beam to Hella H4" product won't work for my application.  

Back up would be a set of reflectors.  If I had to, I could buy the buckets and lights, too, if someone had a set.

Total shot in the dark.  I will learn German and hang out on German eBay as a next step, if this fails.  

Thanks.

Scott

#6 only?

IMG_2236.jpeg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

and, between Hella & Bosch there are at least 3 different reflectors that I know of (adjuster styles). Far left & far right in the pic are both Bosch, centre is probably Hella (can't remember). So you need to know which 'bucket' you have.

001.thumb.JPG.adb069a36a4e6acad02804bfe8edf48a.JPG

002.thumb.JPG.90bf6986a1a026687af3bb74ecb311d4.JPG

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

and, between Hella & Bosch there are at least 3 different reflectors that I know of (adjuster styles). Far left & far right in the pic are both Bosch, centre is probably Hella (can't remember). So you need to know which 'bucket' you have.

Thanks for the info, Les!  There are definitely a lot of ways to get the wrong thing, here.  

My car has the bucket on the top left, I would say.  

Thanks again, you're the best.  

Scott

02ing since '87

On 12/20/2023 at 11:33 PM, saaron said:

Thanks.

Scott

Not Hella, but Marchal H4

20 hours ago, enoz05 said:

I thought the 7" headlights are correct for the 2002, or was I mistaken....

7" is good for the '02s; maybe yours will fit in the USA style headlight bucket.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Per the above Marchals, what you notice is the mounting tabs are different than the Hellas, so I don't think the Marchals will work in my particular car. 

The Marchal has three mounting tabs, equally spaced, around the outside.  The Hellas, like Les shows, have only two, that are 180 degrees apart.  

This is probably most clear in Les' top photo.  

I would have bought those Marchals for sure if they would fit my car, but I don't believe they would because the tabs don't line up - there are three vs. two, and they are in different places.  Probably some specific thing the manufacturers did so you couldn't switch brands later on, lol.  

Scott

Edited by saaron

02ing since '87

10 hours ago, saaron said:

Per the above Marchals, what you notice is the mounting tabs are different than the Hellas, so I don't think the Marchals will work in my particular car. 

The Marchal has three mounting tabs, equally spaced, around the outside.  The Hellas, like Les shows, have only two, that are 180 degrees apart.  

This is probably most clear in Les' top photo.  

I would have bought those Marchals for sure if they would fit my car, but I don't believe they would because the tabs don't line up - there are three vs. two, and they are in different places.  Probably some specific thing the manufacturers did so you couldn't switch brands later on, lol.  

Scott

I have already sold this type of Marchal headlights here to 02 owners. There must be a way to make them fit.