• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 BMW 1600 Project Race Car or Restore

Jasper Martini

Price: $7999

Description:

For Sale; .... This 1967 BMW 1600 was purchased new in Germany 1967 by a woman from Laguna Niguel Ca. Then shipped to Laguna Niguel California, registered and still has the original black California plates. The lady then sold the car to a gentleman from San Juan Capistrano for his 16 year old daughter in 1973. I purchased the car in may 2000. I’m the 3rd owner and my whole intention when I purchased the car was to turn it into a part time track car for racing. I removed all of the interior along with the bumpers and trim/ molding. I gave all the removed parts to a friend who was restoring his to original. I then removed the stock 1600 engine and installed a fleshly rebuilt 1969 2002 2.0 liter engine, installed 2 factory original 40 mm solex side draft carburetors from a TI, even have the stock original TI air filter housing assembly, installed a header from a 1982 320i, Installed a corbeau racing seat (driver only), installed a momo steering wheel, 5 inch Auto Meter tachometer, the 4 speed transmission is out of the car with a blown 3rd gear. I have a freshly professionally balanced flywheel with matched stage 2 performance clutch, including all new in there boxes, pressure plate, disc, throw out bearing, pilot bearing and clutch alignment tool. I have the stock original german rear license plate holder, I have many extra parts. Including extra engines. A complete 1973 2002 engine, also a engine from a 2015 BMW M4 minus the turbos. 5 speed transmission from a 1982 320i, factory 1600 steering wheel with no cracks, missing center horn button, 3 extra 2002 valve covers, 2 sets of extra round tail lights, 1 set with amber turn signal, the other set is all red. 2 extra new front fenders, front performance sway bar, stock original single barrel solex air cleaner, brand new in box, Mallory electronic billet distributor assembly with cap and rotor, extra thermostat, I’ve owned the car for 23 years.