• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: fuel filler neck - 1972 2002tii

Pablo M

The filler neck inside the trunk on my car has holes from dry rot. Spills fuel all over trunk and down inside of quarter panel. Tried buying new one (Pelican Parts) and not sure of NLA or just not available at this time. Anyone have one (on a parts car, in spare parts, etc) they would sell me? 

image.thumb.jpeg.59ac0e3725faa7ad22e60ad4e05c0900.jpeg

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Don’t limit yourself to Pelican parts; there are plenty of great parts sources for ‘02’s: Rogerstii, Blunttech, Maximillian, Walloth & Nesch, your local BMW dealer (although you should expect to come up with your own part number), to name just a few!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

44 minutes ago, stephers said:

Get a new one, most of the used ones are cracked on the underside   I think that Rogerstii has them on sale right now

Thanks, Rick

You're right. Should always buy NEW rubber parts lol. I was just afraid they weren't available any longer.

Will buy from Rogerstii. Thanks for the heads up!

40 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Don’t limit yourself to Pelican parts;

Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes, aware of the others (although they don't always immediately come to mind-new to 2002 ownership lol). Went to Pelican as they're local to me and I can pick up if necessary, although shipping is next day since so close. When I buy enough the shipping is free so there's that too. 

• Like 1

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)