• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interest in reproduction dashboard cluster circuit boards?

JsnPpp

Hi -

I've been asked a few times if I make replacement dashboard cluster circuit boards. I don't but would consider doing it if there is interest. 

I don't feel they would be that expensive b/c they don't have the custom work that are required for my reproduction Tii cold start relays. Much fewer parts and the circuit board isn't big. However there are some bits that would be hard to replicate, for example the button/rod that "tests" the brake warning light. 

I don't have much any free time at the moment but somethings take a long runway and I like to think about it just in case.

I haven't had one fail but am curious if others had. As a followup, if anyone has a non-working dashboard cluster for sale for a reasonable price (not sure what that is) do reach out.

Thanks!

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Jason- I applaud you for asking about making these.

1) My 69 cluster boards have  some wonky things going on that even a double ground wire and cleaning up the brass areas won’t fix.  The temp gauge jumps around when activating the turn signals. It moves a little when turning on the lights (I installed a complete new headlight hi/lo beam harness with relays).

2) I fear you will get distracted from your Baikal tii project.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

3 hours ago, jgerock said:

Jason- I applaud you for asking about making these.

1) My 69 cluster boards have  some wonky things going on that even a double ground wire and cleaning up the brass areas won’t fix.  The temp gauge jumps around when activating the turn signals. It moves a little when turning on the lights (I installed a complete new headlight hi/lo beam harness with relays).

2) I fear you will get distracted from your Baikal tii project.

Totally agree on point 2. And that must remain focus #1.

I won't seriously work on a new board design unless I truly could not work on the car - for example super cold in garage (<30F) or I was waiting on parts or something (but there is always need to clean).

It's more that I need to find an old cluster model it off of and I think that may take a while, so I may as well reach out to see what people have (I don't believe I have one in my parts bins). When one shows up I can take a deeper look at it.

I'd do it for the sport of doing it, even if it helps only a few people. But need to stay focused. 🙂 

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!