• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 13×6″ CMR Borrani Wheels for BMW 1600-2002 R1-561 ET30

Julio

Price: $4

Description:

These 13″ steel wheels measure 6″ in width and  manufactured by CMR Borrani  for use on BMW 1600-2002 models. The wheels are finished in silver and feature a 4x100mm bolt pattern, production date stampings 3/1972 on 4

Each wheel measures 13″ in diameter and consists of a four-lug steel center welded to a steel barrel measuring 6″ wide. All four wheels faces have standard which I have owned myself for 15 years. They are all straight and balanced ready to go.

The four-lug bolt pattern is on a 100mm pitch circle diameter, and additional photos of each wheel are presented in the gallery below.

***Please Note these are R1-561 ET30 which is the perfect offset for standard fenders not like the common ones for e21 ET17.

The last set of 4 that were redone went for  $4,200 on Bring a Trailer couple of months back here is a great opportunity at a fraction of the price.

Thanks, 

Jb

IMG_7506.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg

Edited by Julio
photos
  • Like 2

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

8 hours ago, RFord888 said:

For whomever buys these, I would be interested in buying the spare. 

PM sent

Edited by Julio

www.eurovintageparts.com

Wheels are Sold Thanks Sam & Rich!

Edited by Julio

www.eurovintageparts.com

• Julio changed the title to SOLD 13×6″ CMR Borrani Wheels for BMW 1600-2002 R1-561 ET30

Nice wheels,

3-4 years ago I sold a similar set for well under $1,000, but in 5 1/2" x 13", with date stamp "4 / 68", the first month of production in that size for an 02. They were refinished and repaired, but missing the center caps which are available as remanufactured replicas for $200.

Since then, there have been a couple of very high auction sales on BAT, which I feel were unrealistic.

They are well made and solid wheels, and most importantly with correct offset for our cars.

Borrani Wheels.jpg

Borrani ID.jpg

It’s partly supply and demand. Thus rarity. And partly period correctness. And when you think about Tii steelies matched dates going for $800 unfinished w/o hubcaps, correct FPS alloys with caps and nuts selling for $350 each - which by the way are no longer available - it  isn’t implausible the CMRs would fetch more. By comparison consider bottle caps and ‘74 - ‘76 mag steelies which are abundant and sell for very little. Throw in the E21 “turbines” which IMO are better looking than bottle caps, still relatively available and sell for an “in between” price of roughly $500 a set and one gets a sense of the tiered pricing in the current market. 

Many folks lament the high cost of such items usually opining they “threw them away” or sold them a while ago for a fraction. For some odd reason, I keep my original  iPod in a drawer. Still worthless but in 20 years who knows? :)

• Like 1

'72 2002 Tundra/Saddle,

'72 2002tii Ceylon/Black 

'89 325is Alpine White/Sand - 88 535is Royal Blau Gray Leather M Cloth

14 hours ago, billy g said:

I'm trying to understand why these sell for so much. Don't get me wrong, these are nice wheels. But if one wanted to run steelies, why not go with a nice set of original Lemmers or e30 steelies, for a fraction of the cost?

There isn't anything really special about them other than the fact That CMR produced the wheels with the correct offset for our cars. They are well made, but steel, therefore heavy. It's mostly the "Borrani" name, most often associated with wire spoke wheels for classic Ferraris etc. which accounts for the higher price. So, you have the brand name, correct offset and period correctness which account for the higher price. But, until a couple of years ago the average price for a set hovered in the $1,200 range. A lot of classic car collectors have discovered the 02 during the past 5 years. And, they have also driven up the demand and prices. These people are more familiar with the "Borrani" brand. For them it's like jewelry or an expensive wristwatch like "Rolex". I personally think the factory steel e21 wheels are also well made and look better on our cars. They are much cheaper, and their offset works on our cars even though it isn't ideal.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 5:38 PM, billy g said:

Thanks to those who responded to my question. I think I get it now, although I still can't wrap my head around $4K-$6K for steel wheels. Knowing me though, I'll probably soon covet these and regret passing on the Borrani's listed here.

I was the one selling and live in Santa Cruz if you are interested might have some other rare stuff coming up for sale. 

Cheers, 

Julio 

www.eurovintageparts.com

13 hours ago, Julio said:

I was the one selling and live in Santa Cruz if you are interested might have some other rare stuff coming up for sale. 

Cheers, 

Julio 

As in more Borrani wheels for sale? I might be interested...

That was the last set of Borrani’s for now that I have check with me in a month or so. 
I have a bunch of European collection of parts I have brought over stateside looking to sell. PM me what your looking for. 
cheers, 

Jb

www.eurovintageparts.com