• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1800 Oil Pressure Gauge Adaptor

RiddleR

I am installing an oil pressure gauge in my 1967 1800 to supplement the pressure switch and warning light.  The sensor for the gauge has a 1/8 NPT male thread.  The existing switch has a M10-1 tapered male thread and the engine has a M10-1 tapered female thread.  The only adaptors that I have been able to find have strait, not tapered, threads.  An example is one offered by Ireland Engineering with male M10-1 strait bottom, 1/8" NPT female tap on the side, and female M10-1 strait on top. My questions are as follows:

Does anyone know of a source of the same type of adaptor with tapered M10-1 threads?

Does anyone know of a source for M10-1 tapered tap and die?

Does anyone know of a source for M10-1 tapered pipe tee and nipple.   

Is it possible to use the adaptor with strait threads without damaging the tapered threads on the engine or switch.  If so, how to effectively seal without disrupting electric current flow for the switch or sensor to the engine.

Does anyone have any experience or advice

Thanks in advance, Dick Riddle 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response.  I tried and they engage only partially and then bind when the inside diameter of the tapered engine threads is the same as the outside diameter of the adaptor threads. It does not go in far enough to permit using an o-ring to seal.  Threading it in further will damage the threads in the engine

How about this? In the UK, but if I read your post right they exist

WWW.MERLINMOTORSPORT.CO.UK

T-Piece adaptor for use when fitting a mechanical oil pressure gauge to your engine. Allows the oil pressure line to be taken off whilst still keeping the OEM oil pressure light switch. Buy online, over the phone or in store.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg