• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Question - Side Bumper Stops

Go to solution Solved by visionaut,

Quick hood question.

Are the white hood "stops" that lie on the inside of the hood, on each side, supposed to rest on the sheet metal when the hood is closed?

On my hood, they don't (theres a gap) but the hood is properly aligned, even when the hood is locked in place.

Should I adjust the brackets down so the stops meet the inner fender metal? The stops themselves are maxed out, so I can't move those down anymore, but the bracket has lots of room to come down.

2022-10-18_17-23-05.jpeg

'72 Metallic Malaga 2002 with a '73 M10 | Dual Weber DCOE 40s | E21 5spd and LSD | Pertronix II

• Solution

Ya don’t wanna bring down the brackets, as they leverage the clamping bar tension.

The white bumpers should extend down enough to frictionally engage the two-bolted angle flanges on the upper rear of the fender. That contact steadies the hood laterally and helps buffeting.

They don’t have to touch the fender if their engagement with the adjustable flange is right/tight (if they fit too low it can mar the fender tops, too tight will raise the rear of the hood).

Mine sit pretty well extended.

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com