• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sill molding

stephers

Having a brain fart here today. I have the narrow gray sill molding ( not the wide black or the other narrow black )    and I can't remember which way it goes on, screws on the outer part of the sill or does it go the other way around and the screws are on the carpet side?        And is there a rubber seal that goes between the door and the molding?

Sorry can't do any pictures today

Thanks, Rick

I cleaned it up so its more visible, there's like a half round rubber seal that runs the length of the sill.The sill plate retains it, kind of pigeon holes into the lower ends of the door frame seal.

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Thanks, shouda, couda taken pictures but!!!     The piece is , of course , NLA.    Is it 1/2 round or 1/4 round?    Found some 1/4 round sponge hollow seal from Steele Rubber products ( peel and stick, have used some of their peel and stick before and it does stick )    It is 1/2" X 1/2" so it will fit and being hollow and sponge rubber, there should be some give to it.   Also, being hollow, I could tie in the new door seal ends with that tab tucking nicely into the hollow section     Only thing is that they want 50 bucks ( US ) for 10 ft     with shipping and currency exchange, it will be about 100 Canadian  , a little high for a chance it might not work    BUT, I guess if BMW still made the seals, they would be over 100 bucks    WTH     I will order some

Thanks again for the pictures, Rick