• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 1 or 2 Campagnolo Ragno wheels

Tbone1209

Often known simply as a Campagnolo “ragno”, or “spider” in English.

As an FYI, there are probably more examples out there with a 4 x 98mm PCD than there are with the correct ‘02 PCD of 4 x 100mm. And there are far more of these in Europe than there are in the U.S. But they’re out there!

Good luck,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 7/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Conserv said:

Often known simply as a Campagnolo “ragno”, or “spider” in English.

As an FYI, there are probably more examples out there with a 4 x 98mm PCD than there are with the correct ‘02 PCD of 4 x 100mm. And there are far more of these in Europe than there are in the U.S. But they’re out there!

Good luck,

Steve

Thanks, Steve - yes there are a lot in Europe but all I've seen to date are either for Alphas or lots of JDM PCD's. 

I'm still looking! 

• Like 1

• Tbone1209 changed the title to WTB: 1 or 2 Campagnolo Ragno wheels
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 5:31 PM, dalimizer said:
s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

(We can arrange. depends on size.). will be asked for tires. No cancellation. A No noticeable scratches or stains There are scratches or stains that cannot be seen without looking closely. We cannot answer.

Not at 1k each!

As it turns out, that pair of campy wheels advertised for 2k on US Ebay? They were the exact same pair of wheels I purchased on Yahoo Japan for $600! As soon I won the Japanese auction, the auction on US Ebay closed. Apparently these guys go hunting for items they think they can arbitrage and post US ebay ads for the same items even though they don't actually own the products. Actually pretty smart. If they had kept the markup reasonable (instead of 200+%), I might have begun negotiating.  The other issue is I'm pretty sure that's illegal on US ebay. 

If you see something on US Ebay that's from Japan, make sure you dig a bit!

Edited by Tbone1209
  • Thanks 1