• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Passenger Door - 1976

jdbaker789

(EDIT: DOOR HAS BEEN FOUND, NO LONGER NEEDED)

Hi everybody, 

I am a new member of the forum, and admittedly am still figuring out how to use this site! I posted this originally in the wrong place and some people helped me out and told me to post it here.

I purchased a 1976 BMW 2002 project car in March of 2020. I stripped it down to a shell and recently had it media blasted. I am now planning to do some light body work and then get it painted. I had someone look at the car who knows about metal and body work, and he said it is in pretty good condition. I had to purchase a new nose piece, and it will need a new rocker on one side. I also need a new passenger door, because mine has rust that can not be repaired. I could purchase one brand new, but I decided to post on here first and see if any of you are selling one or know where I could find one! I will attach some photos of the car below. 

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

IMG-9954 (2).jpg

IMG-6807 (1).jpg

IMG-6808.jpg

Edited by jdbaker789
I found what I needed!!

U.S.-spec ‘02’s, for the 1974, 1975, and 1976 model years originally had “crash beams” in their doors. But, other than that, doors from 1966 through 1976 are the same.

The crash beam is probably not going to save you if a Ford Super-Duty T-bones you. Thus, unless you’re doing a very very authentic restoration, and a assuming that you want to use a “previously-owned” door, I’d be most concerned with rust and not particularly concerned with the presence or absence of the crash beam.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 3 weeks later...