• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Drivetrain: Engine, Trans, Driveshaft, Diff+

M3This

Price: $1200

Description:

Hi guys selling my complete drivetrain out of my car. History on the engine can be found here:

Engine was running when pulled from the car in September, clutch worked fine, and no issues with shifting on the trans, sift linkage included. Motor has a Weber carb on it and includes all accessories (starter, alternator, fan, belt, pullies), has original head, and exhaust manifold as well. Also included is the driveshaft and rear diff

Any questions please let me know. 

F42650F6-11E7-49CB-838E-62B979735AE8.jpeg

5814D241-C410-4F95-8333-0EA9846624E3.jpeg

5B3CCBA6-ACCB-4AFA-B598-C610D68D66F0.jpeg

6311DF2A-489C-4926-926E-6D79153870BA.jpeg

DDEA1EA3-D4CB-4440-83F9-C11B041DFC84.jpeg

747E7736-C233-4156-A4C4-89FDF9A8A911.jpeg

FFCC1C1E-049C-4AB2-9B9B-479BC25A348C.jpeg

22EB783C-EAC0-400C-9252-CA9E07980C7F.jpeg

A03B1E9C-B9F8-4F41-A897-398B659130AD.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jesse said:

Surprised that not even tire kickers admiring this good deal... just sayin.

Yeah I thought I priced it fair with all thats included. Had a couple of PMs but not really looking to separate everything. 

Edited by M3This

Would be a better deal and probably more interest if there were  engine compression numbers, a vid of it running is also nice.  

Without something, the engine must be considered a core.

Yes yes, still an ok deal for the right person?

• Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

25 minutes ago, tech71 said:

Would be a better deal and probably more interest if there were  engine compression numbers, a vid of it running is also nice.  

Without something, the engine must be considered a core.

Yes yes, still an ok deal for the right person?

i forgot to take a vid of it running before pulling all the electrical when stripping the car. I’m happy to do compression numbers if someone can guide me how to do it. I think I can get a compress check tool from the auto parts store but do I just spin the pullies?

4 minutes ago, M3This said:

i forgot to take a vid of it running before pulling all the electrical when stripping the car. I’m happy to do compression numbers if someone can guide me how to do it. I think I can get a compress check tool from the auto parts store but do I just spin the pullies?

nevermind. I guess it’s difficult to do after the motor is out of the car. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

There is a video on BAT of someone getting compression numbers off of a S14 on a dolly.  They had it verticle, lubed properly (I assume) and then put a battery to the starter to crank it to get the compression numbers from each cylinder.  It was probably a bit of work to set up safely, but once that was done it seemed straight forward.

All that's really needed is a charged spare battery and compression gauge (Would be happy to provide written or verbal instruction). Given compression values get obtained with close to baseline readings, I could see the value of this package easily double in price. Just sayin, for those wanting something for nothin..:)

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, Jesse said:

All that's really needed is a charged spare battery and compression gauge (Would be happy to provide written or verbal instruction). Given compression values get obtained with close to baseline readings, I could see the value of this package easily double in price. Just sayin, for those wanting something for nothin..:)

Hi Jesse can you DM me with the directions? If its just bolting the starter back on and running jumper cables to a battery that sounds fairly simple to do.