• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002 5-Speed

ClarenceTE72

8 hours ago, Autostrada said:

You can't base a car's value on how much in parts and / or labor you've spent to build it. 20 years ago this car was $5K max. In today's "Jingo" 02 market it could be $10K, $15K, $20K, 30K .........or whatever you want to make it. 

I'm glad the seller softened-up the suspension so you can actually drive it without rattling the car apart along with your fillings. Where I was born it was a status sign in the village to have inflatable pneumatic tires on the horse drawn wagons vs. the traditional steel lined wood variety. This memory never escaped me.

Yes, it's a "Driver" although the lightened flywheel doesn't help in that respect. The car looks good, though. I'm certainly not keen on the later one piece dash, instrument cluster and 90% of the things on that "Upgrade" list.  But, the list includes all the parts and associated lingo which wets the appetites of many would be 20-35 year old 02 buyers these days. And, it has those "Recaro" seats everybody wants and I want to throw away out of one of my cars.  

yawn.....

• Like 4

GLWS, looks like a good car.  And agreeing with @ClarenceTE72, I had a JBR flywheel on my '72, had aluminum flywheels on both of my s54 cars, and have one now on the back of the s14 in my '76.  I find them easier to drive than cars with heavy flywheels- but I am retarded and come from a moto background, so I love zippy, rippy, revvy engines.  And can totally leave from a stop with no use of the gas pedal- aluminum flywheels FTW!

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.