• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO Functioning windshield wiper switch (1973)

e31fan

1 hour ago, shermanmartinez said:

Actually, the switch on the dash is a two speed switch for the wiper speed as Paul mentioned.  The stalk on the right of the steering column turns the wipers off and on.

I’m really confused now, as I don’t have a stalk, just the pull switch on the dash. Going to have to pull it and find a part number. Were all 2002’s set up this way?

• Like 1

Sherman is 100% correct. On a 1973 model, the turn signal stalk switch is ALSO the "ON/OFF" switch for the wipers. Press / click the end cap inward (toward the column) and the wipers should go on. Only on earlier cars (67-71) is that pull switch used to turn them on. The pull switch is just the speed (slow vs fast).

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

1 hour ago, wegweiser said:

Sherman is 100% correct. On a 1973 model, the turn signal stalk switch is ALSO the "ON/OFF" switch for the wipers. Press / click the end cap inward (toward the column) and the wipers should go on. Only on earlier cars (67-71) is that pull switch used to turn them on. The pull switch is just the speed (slow vs fast).

Thank you both for the clarification, I’ll now be on the lookout for a 67-71 switch to replace what is there. Thanks!