• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Toyo RA1 205/60R13

Johnny Riviera

awww, that's not going to be good...  are the 225-55's still in production?

Keep in mind that the RA1's been 'discontinued' many times before,

and... well, here we are.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Does anyone have experience with either the R888 or R888R vs RA1 on our cars? They also make the RR, but dry only. 

I was running Federal’s on my street wheels, and RA1’s on another set for Autocross. 

Thinking about switching to to R888’s for street/wet autocross and RR’s for dry autocross. 

I know the answer is 15’s but I love me some 13’s on these cars!

didn't think they made the R888's anymore. the R888R was the replacement.

have used them. they suck.  more stick than an RA1, but they heat cycle out in about 12-15 heat cycles.  lots of rubber left for a while after that, but the competitive sticky drops like a rock.  NOT a good tire in the rain.

RR's really suck compared to the competition in that TW rating range.  poor turn in, squeal like a pig, big slip angles.

this opinion based on extensive track time and SCCA racing used on a 2002(M2) and several E30 325iS's.

2xM3

Now on the hunt to try to save my 13's. Anybody run the Avon Cr6ZZ's? "Street legal vintage road race tire"

They make a 185/70r13. About the same height as the 205/60's but a touch narrower. (Might be able to get rid of my spacers up front!

Pricey, but 80 treadwear! (sticky)

Durability is not my main concern, but looking for a tire I can run dry and wet