• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue rear seat and front/rear door vinyls

theNomad

21 hours ago, shermanmartinez said:

The top half of the rear seat is from a 75/76.  

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com

What's the main difference? Is it the welting? The more shaped rear? After looking at the other 75 for sale I was wondering if this is from a 320i? Fits right in and the back looks identical to others. With such an old car I suppose it could have been replaced at some point. The blue front seats that were in it when purchased were late model blue leather.

I will educate you. Lol The 74 rear seat top half is unique in that it has a segment of smooth vinyl on the top that extends down several inches.  The stippled vinyl does not extend all the way over the top like the seat you show in your pictures.

You can determine if it is an E21 rear seat by looking at the padding.  If it has a light green tint to it then it is an E21 seat as that is what was used to keep the padding from separating and falling out which was common on 2002 seats since they did not use this green binder to keep the padding together.  

shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com