• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 2002 Help With Pricing - Seattle Area

AlexB

New death certificate is en route. Once we have that we will notarize the two forms needed and I will hit the DMV. Hoping to have the new title en route no later than 6/12 if possible.

Video of engine running as promised. I still plan to deliver a cold start and driving video. Once the rain calms down I'll get back out.

Video link

This is after one set of cranks to fill the bowls. Engine purrs but notice a slight shake. My guess is point gap/dwell, timing, idle, carb tune will need to be redone, but otherwise it sounds very healthy. No smoke out of the back. No knocks, ticks, or other noises that would cause me to think there is internal issues.

Edited by AlexB

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666

Thanks Mario! I believe it is. Here is a cold start video. I mention the car hasn't started since last video - that was 24hrs previously. The charge light appears, but was easily turned off after exciting the alternator. Car is charging normally. I've also gone back and by ear adjusted timing, idle, and mixture screw. Engine revs easily now, but still has a very slight miss. It needs a very basic tune by a pro. I've driven it around the neighborhood and the memories are flooding back!

I will create a new thread once the title is in hand. The car is still for sale without a title if someone is interested.

My asks are completely negotiable. If you're interested, please reach out through PM. Send me your # and I'll call you back.

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666

• 2 weeks later...

I just left the Lynnwood DMV. They stopped me from dropping the cash to plate and register car since I'm turning around and selling it. I have ALL REQUIRED DOCS (IN WA at least) to transfer ownership of car. They're all notarized. No BS.

I've gotten zero interest in the car at $8k so down the price comes. If someone can get me $5k I'll give you the keys, the car, and the docs. If no one wants it at this price, the car is going into storage and I'll sell it later down the line.

Car is on CL locally for $5500. Faqers get a discount.

Take care,

Alex

Call or text if you want to talk details 206-226-5640

Edited by AlexB

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666

Thanks!

For those watching along I MADE DECISION TO PUT CAR IN MY NAME. No more paperwork headache.

As of today I have plates, tabs, and registration in my name. A title will come in 6 to 8 weeks. I’d prefer to sell car now and I mail you signed title. If not, again car will go into storage. 

Give me a shout if you’re interested 

Alex

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666

SOLD

Thank you to those who followed along and shared your kindness.

I watched her get towed away on a uhaul trailer this morning. A nice young couple from the PDX area picked it up and plan on doing a full resto in their new 6 car garage. I couldn’t be happier.

Take care 02 folk. You’re all addicted to a fantastic car. Keep having fun with them.

Alex

• Like 3

1972 BMW 2002 - 2582666