• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's missing here?

man_mark_7

Happy Holidays! I recently cleaned up my turn signal / wiper / washer pump switch on my '73. Turn signals work great, but I think I lost a part of the washer pump mechanism when I had the switch apart ?

I found this post, but I can't really make out what the part looks like. "Repair Turn Signal Switch" (Yes, I posted here too, but it didn't elicit any responses - sorry for the double post)

I think there should be pin in the hole seen to the right of the two long copper strips on the lower half of the switch in the attached photo, but when I made a metal one, it grounded and the pump ran all the time. I tried to make a small plastic dowel and I couldn't quite get the length right. Could anyone show me a picture of what this part looks like and/or provide some dimensions for it? Better yet, if you have one laying around you are willing to part with I'll give you $10 for it!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Turn signal guts.jpg

47 minutes ago, man_mark_7 said:

Happy Holidays! I recently cleaned up my turn signal / wiper / washer pump switch on my '73. Turn signals work great, but I think I lost a part of the washer pump mechanism when I had the switch apart ?

I found this post, but I can't really make out what the part looks like. "Repair Turn Signal Switch" (Yes, I posted here too, but it didn't elicit any responses - sorry for the double post)

I think there should be pin in the hole seen to the right of the two long copper strips on the lower half of the switch in the attached photo, but when I made a metal one, it grounded and the pump ran all the time. I tried to make a small plastic dowel and I couldn't quite get the length right. Could anyone show me a picture of what this part looks like and/or provide some dimensions for it? Better yet, if you have one laying around you are willing to part with I'll give you $10 for it!

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Turn signal guts.jpg

My car came with a busted-up wiper switch, lever broken off, case halves zip-tied together. I may have thrown it away but I'll check. I'm happy to part it out if I still have it.

6 hours ago, hudo12 said:

How do you separate these two parts to access the contacts in the middle? I took mine out yesterday to inspect as I have a blinker issue. 

There are 4 tabs holding the black plastic backing onto the switch. They are peened / crimped to hold the plastic on. You have to try and uncrimp them. You can see on my switch that someone broke off two of the tabs (far side of the picture - my finger is running behind the tabs). My switch was held together with a zip tie by some previous owner since the two tabs were broken. It might be hard to uncrimp without breaking.

M

5 hours ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

I have one out of a 73 5 series that looks exactly like the 02 ones but with a different wiring plug. I can give you it for the cost of postage probably around $15.

Thanks for the very kind offer Guy. I'll see what everyone else turns up. I would guess the innards are the same, but I'd love to know for sure.

M