• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 1.8i head

Dionk

These take a little bit to make work for a 2002 (need to plug the injector holes) but apparently are the best / easiest flowing m10 heads.

I'd say offer it to Steve at TEP- I paid more for mine from him as a bare head with stock cam.

• Thanks 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

3 hours ago, irdave said:

... but apparently are the best / easiest flowing m10 heads.

Got data?

I might be mistaken, but if I recall, the ports design/shape/length is the same as the other heads. Of course, the chamber is a different shape - and, with the right piston design, it could be better. (Or, was the chamber designed to reduce emissions?)

I suspect many like it because they are newer castings, easier to source in good condition, which is a benefit. -KB

20 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Got data?

I might be mistaken, but if I recall, the ports design/shape/length is the same as the other heads. Of course, the chamber is a different shape - and, with the right piston design, it could be better. (Or, was the chamber designed to reduce emissions?)

I suspect many like it because they are newer castings, easier to source in good condition, which is a benefit. -KB

I'm not sure where I heard it, so I could just be spreading misinformation.  Although I do remember (and was trying to find) a thread on here about a guy building a motor for a member here and he (the engine builder) said he has dude's 1.8i head flowing as good as the s14 head (same numbers presumably...)

Could be simply the newer casting / perceived less value because it says 1.8...  Could have been the guy had a keen understanding of fluid flow.

They could have tried to make the head work better based on going to a smaller engine displacement / more emissions / higher weight and still wanting similar performance...

You tell me Mr. Squeezing Every Last Little Bit Out Of The Motor...  :)  I've got an extra 1.8i sitting here...

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...