Dionk

Sold M10 1.8i head

11 posts / 897 viewsLast Reply

3 hours ago, irdave said:

... but apparently are the best / easiest flowing m10 heads.

Got data?

I might be mistaken, but if I recall, the ports design/shape/length is the same as the other heads. Of course, the chamber is a different shape - and, with the right piston design, it could be better. (Or, was the chamber designed to reduce emissions?)

I suspect many like it because they are newer castings, easier to source in good condition, which is a benefit. -KB

20 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Got data?

I might be mistaken, but if I recall, the ports design/shape/length is the same as the other heads. Of course, the chamber is a different shape - and, with the right piston design, it could be better. (Or, was the chamber designed to reduce emissions?)

I suspect many like it because they are newer castings, easier to source in good condition, which is a benefit. -KB

I'm not sure where I heard it, so I could just be spreading misinformation.  Although I do remember (and was trying to find) a thread on here about a guy building a motor for a member here and he (the engine builder) said he has dude's 1.8i head flowing as good as the s14 head (same numbers presumably...)

Could be simply the newer casting / perceived less value because it says 1.8...  Could have been the guy had a keen understanding of fluid flow.

They could have tried to make the head work better based on going to a smaller engine displacement / more emissions / higher weight and still wanting similar performance...

You tell me Mr. Squeezing Every Last Little Bit Out Of The Motor...  :)  I've got an extra 1.8i sitting here...

48 minutes ago, Clyde said:

Do you still have this head? I'm looking for a 1.8i head.  

If (only if) the seller / OP doesn't have it available, shoot me a PM on the system. -KB