• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: bracket for mounting ICE ac compressor

Dionk

6 hours ago, Dionk said:

Thanks.

I’m guessing the compressor currently supplied by ICE AIr is a Sanden or Sanden knock-off.

Have you tried contacting forum member hobiedave, who has been — thank goodness — providing mounting brackets for these compressors forever?

He makes them in batches, however, so if you’re desperate, you’ve got to hope he’s not “between batches”...

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Here’s the compressor ICE Air was providing in 2012.

Apart from brand, virtually any compressor recommended for an ‘02 today is going to be a rotary compressor similar to this. I’d guess that most of them can be fitted with hobiedave’s bracket.

Regards,

Steve

67C4E766-E1A5-42D1-9FB8-A3F4CDFCE3D2.jpeg

CCB385D9-82B0-4FC3-9D59-4D84A0A9C825.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 8/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, Conserv said:

Here’s the compressor ICE Air was providing in 2012.

Thanks!

I bought a bracket and spare sanded compressor from a fellow faq member for a great price. I have a full set up and two compressors now sitting in a big plastic tub waiting for that phase of the project.

I Will likely sell the one compressor or keep it for a spare. My only issue is that I was going to install all this on my engine that was built in 1968.

But I think I read somewhere this won’t work - which maycause me to have to use my 1973 engine....if it will

• 2 weeks later...

The compressor used with the ICE Auto air is mounted to the compressor bracket with 4 bolts and the bracket has an adjustable idler.

the Hobie Dave bracket has flanges  for holding the compressor at the bottom allowing movement at the top to move the compressor away from the block for belt adjustment.

• Thanks 1

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car