• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear subframe mounts rotted

Dusty02

Hi

I will have to look and see if I have any left.   And Hans is really right about making sure that when putting the resto pieces and the new bolt  in, everything his to be aligned properly with the car       Not only side to side, squared up to the chassis and at the right height for the subframe.    I was luck, I had the car on my rotisserie so I could do all the measuring and setting up with the car upside down      You need to download the chassis alignment/body diagram for the proper measurements       I believe that you can find it the technical articles here.        My belief that this is a very critical section of the car that needs to be done right or you can easily have a car that is hard to fit other parts, the wheels don't fit in the wheel wells equally or properly, will wear out tires quickly.   and will wear out tires very quickly and be squirrely to drive     I must have measured and rechecked my set up 20 times or more.   I made wood shims to hold the subframe in place and level to the car so I could get the right measurements before I welded any thing in permanently.  I tacked and untacked a couple of times before getting it right     One of the big problems is that usually the surrounding areas of the restoration parts are rusted out and partially missing and this is not a flat section, it contours in a few different ways

Thanks, Rick