• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

123 Ignition vacuum port

I think I have an issue with my vacuum port on my Bluetooth Tune +, as it seems kinda loose. Was wondering if someone who has one could check theirs and see if their vacuum port is affixed solid or is there some kind of wiggle to theirs too.

At 3000rpm, it seems my distributor at boost loses its ability to sense said boost and valves starts chattering quite loudly.

Timing is tits and everything else triple checked exhaustively.

Also have a problem keeping connected to IPad. Fine until you rev, then it's connect, disconnected, connected, disconnected, connected......

All connections to coil solid and clean.

Edited by Sharktrainer

I am guessing that the port on the outside is just a length of tube staked into the housing. If you look at the last few pictures in this post you will see the outer port and the internal hose that brings the vacuum to the transducer directly mounted on the board. 

Could there be be a problem with the amount of boost it is seeing overloading the transducer?  Maybe contact the 123 folks and ask them what the specs are for that transducer. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

What boost did you specify when you bought the distr?  If no boost was specified, then unless the distr specs say it's more than a 1 bar sensor, then it's a 1 bar sensor good for atmospheric pressure.only.  If it handles any boost it would be specified as 2 bar, 3, bar or 5 bar.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Just bought, didn't realize there were others available. It has boost sensing inside per literature and has been great for many months on boost up to this point. Destroyed many tuner boys with their modern setups...370Z's, WRX's, SRT's, built Hondas...etc.

Gauge on iOS only goes up to 15psi/1bar

1 hour ago, Sharktrainer said:

Gauge on iOS only goes up to 15psi/1bar

Is that gauge pressure (psig, barg) or absolute (psia, bar)?

What does you software have for maximum in the table,  that would be a clue.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

So talked to Ed at 123 Ignition USA where I purchased my Tune Plus from and he will repair under the 1 year warranty free of charge except for shipping to him. He seems to think it's the board inside. Also the blue ground wire has a weird for lack of a better term, blackened copper strands like something shorted out.

Went ahead and ordered another Tune Plus distributor for the time being which should be here this Friday....didn't want to wait a week and some days for mine to return back to me. Having a spare seems a logical move after this fiasco. 

I dont have the USB version but rather the Bluetooth one.

Edited by Sharktrainer