• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ground Strap

burndog

I have my battery relocated into the truck and grounded to body underneath the rear seat. I also realized that I do not have the stock ground strap from engine block to frame. Can any of you recommend an aftermarket solution you have used to replace the factory braided strap?

BURNDOG

OK, on my 2000CS, there is a mounting point attached to the battery tray. I replaced the cable that runs from there to block (generic cable with hole on each end). One end attaches to bracket attached to starter (and thus the block). If you don't have that bracket, any one of those unused threaded holes on the block would work - just clean surface.

5 hours ago, burndog said:

I have my battery relocated into the truck and grounded to body underneath the rear seat. I also realized that I do not have the stock ground strap from engine block to frame. Can any of you recommend an aftermarket solution you have used to replace the factory braided strap?

BURNDOG

HI,

I grabbed a cable off a BMW at the junkyard.  They are nice because they have an additional sheath and the correct eyelets at each end.  I forget which model it was from but e39 comes to mind.  I attached one end to the lower bolt holding the starter to the engine and the other end to one of the mounting bolts for the steering box.  I like having a direct, hard connection as close to the starter as possible.