• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoFundMe for Scott Sislane

MrSharky

This has been all over Facebook, but I know lots of the FAQ folks don't have Facebook, so I wanted to take a chance to post it here.  

https://www.gofundme.com/sislane/

Many of you know Scott, and have dealt with him personally - please take a minute to read the page, and contribute if you can.  

He's one of the best folks out there - always willing to lend a hand or a spare part for a fellow 02'er.  

If you can help out in any way, please do. 

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 2

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 1 month later...

All, Its been awhile since you have been updated on my friend, Scott Sislane. Sorry about that, but the road has been a lot rougher than expected. In our last update, we told you Scott was about to go home. He did, but after 5 days at home he was back in MGH, and has been, for the last three weeks. Long story short, but Scott had a severe reaction to the chemo and is just coming out of a long battle with the side effects, as it caused a whole body allergic reaction that went undiagnosed for a few weeks. This resulted in multiple complications stacked upon each other. Meg has stayed by Scott’s side endlessly and I tell you one thing folks, he is one lucky guy to have a super knowledgeable professional nurse with many years of experience as a wife and always by his side. If I could only explain how significant her presence has been to his recovery, its truly heartwarming and amazing. Scott is doing much better now and hopes to be discharged soon and re-start the recovery once again. He can’t wait to get home and be with his family again and return to normalcy. Keep your thoughts with both Scott and Meg, they need every good wish and prayer you’ve got.

Also, if you feel the desire, please contribute to the gofundme page,

https://www.gofundme.com/sislane

There is no harm in donating more than once, if you can. The expenses have certainly backed up with loss of work, hotel stays, food on the go, etc. It has gone on much longer than expected, so please find it in your hearts to consider another donation.

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 4 months later...

To all my 02er friends,

My wife and I would like to thank every one of you for your support through a very trying year. Having been through this 15 years ago, I'm reluctant to say "we beat it", but we did get through it and I am very healthy right now, and should be for quite some time.

Here's to 2018 and all my 02er friends far and near!

Scott Sislane

• Like 7

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Scott - I did not know about all of this and great to hear things are improving. Unless my mind is clouded, I believe I bought a "2002" hat from you years ago and I still wear it proudly all of the time and get comments whenever I do. 

I will now think even more of you each time I put it on.

Randy 

• Like 1

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com