• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of selling my NK

This car has been a labor of love for me starting with the chase about a year ago. Once I saw it, I knew I had to have it, but since then lust has worn off and reality has set in. I don't have the necessary space or time to give this car the attention it deserves, and it hurts me to just let it sit there. The car is currently taking up the garage space of my 2002 Touring, and one has to go...

The car is a 67 2000A in original Bristol grey with oxblood/black interior. It's SUPER original, 99% all there. The engine bay is all stock, interior hasn't been modified besides some under-seat speaker boxes I took out, and the body is original as well. The main issue is rust. The car sat outside for a few years with no rear window seal lockstrip and so the floors pooled up with water until rust holes formed and the water drained. Most panels have some surface rust, and some panels have holes. This doesn't bother me, as I like the original/rat rod look, but for a full restoration it would obviously need attention. The car wears resprayed Bristol paint, but there are some primer spots, fortunately also grey.

The good news is, the car can be a runner with minimal work! It ran when I bought it (6 months ago), but poorly, because there is no exhaust after the header. No backpressure = no idle. Funny story, the car had the transmission completely rebuilt (over $1k) about a year ago, and the shop lost the exhaust! I was going to have a custom exhaust built for it, but I haven't gotten around to it. To be a decent driver, you'll have to go through the brakes, get new tires, check all the bushings, etc - the usual stuff. In a weekend's time this car could be moving under its own power again. It does leak a bit, so that will need attention. Overall, the car is a good project for someone, and that someone is not me.

See more photos and read more about the car here: http://thepaddock.xyz/blog/2017/3/17/bristol-barn-find-1967-bmw-2000

FYI, since the photos have been taken, I have given it a comprehensive cleaning.

The car is located in Seattle, WA. While this is just a feeler, for the right offer I'll let her go. I just want to see this car get the love it deserves - it's a super rare car and it needs a special caretaker. It's one of just a few NKs in Washington, and the only one in this spec. If you know about NKs, you know how special this car is.

IMG_3112.thumb.JPG.44c96e79792330a299ee682651268fec.JPGIMG_3113.thumb.JPG.37672a02e2ebeb7c8e11e0090e2808ca.JPGIMG_3120.thumb.JPG.c920f811bf61f4ce6492d6182ef7b20c.JPGIMG_3146.thumb.JPG.8ca892903e5b95b4330ba397d1812044.JPGIMG_3191.thumb.JPG.b5003c0cf6f18bd20aafd5020743caa8.JPG

Edited by bluebmw

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

5 hours ago, bluebmw said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. After some contemplation, I'm thinking I'll make room to store it and get to the project later. It's too special of a car to let go.

Good for you.  Take your time and enjoy the project

70 M2 2.5L