• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Brake MC, Anything Different in Bleeding It Into the Brake System?

Supposed to bench bleed the master to get some fluid in and air out before installing. If you are already installed, might want to do a few slow 70% of the way pedal pumps with the hard lines cracked open at the master so some fluid and air can escape rather than forcing air down the hard lines.

Unfortunately i got some real stubborn air in my master when i changed my master and it took forever to get the air out. ATE is expensive, i would consider using cheap stuff to begin until the brakes are all firm and working good, then flush for ATE. Hate to have some air trapped somewhere flushing gallons of ate through the system trying to get it out (Which is what happened to me)

Edited by Stevenc22

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

When I replaced my leaky brake mc, I simply removed the old and installed the new one. Connected the hoses and filled the reservoir. Lightly tapped the MC to remove some of the air bubbles.

Proceeded to bleed the brakes to finish off. Firm brake feel and no issues. This was on a tii.

'73 2002tii Fjord Blue Metallic

88' M6 Royal Blue Metallic

'14 i3 Laurel Gray Metallic