• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 2000 For Sale

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at it, made an offer of $500 (and said I'd probably offer a lot more if he'd clear the crap off it and pull it out for a better inspection), but the seller didn't bite.

The roof is likely caved-in from the crap sitting on top - he argued with me that it wasn't, but wouldn't remove the stuff to prove it.  If you get in the car, the interior dome light is "sagging" down from the roof and when you feel the headliner with your hand, you can feel the bent sheetmetal pushing the dome light down.  The body doesn't seem to have much rust, except for some evidence on the lower area of the front passenger door and perhaps something starting at the front passenger fender.  That said, there are noticeable dings in practically every body panel.  The interior is shredded except for the passenger seat.  The dashboard is missing most of it's wood and the glovebox door is gone.  Both door locks have been broken into with a flat-head at some point, but the driver's door will still "kind-of" work with the key.  He claims "it ran a few years ago," but the last registration sticker was from the 90's (IIRC).

The guy's a nutjob...seems like a junk hoarder, so I don't expect him to let it go for anything close to what it's actually worth.  He told me he had an offer of $2000 a while back, but "the guy never came to get it."  I'd be willing to try a "group" thing with a few people if we pooled money and resources for the parts, but probably can't deal with it on my own.

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)

'84 BMW 528e, '87 BMW 325is, '15 535i, '18 M3cs

I looked at it, made an offer of $500 (and said I'd probably offer a lot more if he'd clear the crap off it and pull it out for a better inspection), but the seller didn't bite.

The roof is likely caved-in from the crap sitting on top - he argued with me that it wasn't, but wouldn't remove the stuff to prove it.  If you get in the car, the interior dome light is "sagging" down from the roof and when you feel the headliner with your hand, you can feel the bent sheetmetal pushing the dome light down.  The body doesn't seem to have much rust, except for some evidence on the lower area of the front passenger door and perhaps something starting at the front passenger fender.  That said, there are noticeable dings in practically every body panel.  The interior is shredded except for the passenger seat.  The dashboard is missing most of it's wood and the glovebox door is gone.  Both door locks have been broken into with a flat-head at some point, but the driver's door will still "kind-of" work with the key.  He claims "it ran a few years ago," but the last registration sticker was from the 90's (IIRC).

The guy's a nutjob...seems like a junk hoarder, so I don't expect him to let it go for anything close to what it's actually worth.  He told me he had an offer of $2000 a while back, but "the guy never came to get it."  I'd be willing to try a "group" thing with a few people if we pooled money and resources for the parts, but probably can't deal with it on my own.
[

So is he trying to tell you he wants $2000? Tell him the guy never showed because it's not worth $2000. If this car is going to service your project then you have to decide what it's worth to you. For me if the front right fender was rust free it would be worth $1000 and the rest of the car is free.

That's just how I look at it anyway.

I'm not going to give you $1000 for the front right fender btw. However, I am interested in it of you buy the car. I'll give you $200 for it if it's rust free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't mean to make it sound like that... but if four of us were interested at $300-$500 each (depending on what we could talk him down to), I'm sure there's a lot of parts that would make it worth it for each of us.  Just throwing it out there.

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)

I didn't mean to make it sound like that... but if four of us were interested at $300-$500 each (depending on what we could talk him down to), I'm sure there's a lot of parts that would make it worth it for each of us.  Just throwing it out there.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Update: I guess the seller folded, as emailed me yesterday asking if my offer of $500 was still open, and so I've made a deal to secure this car.  Unfortunately I live in San Francisco and space is at a premium...does anyone around here local to the Bay Area have the storage space and is willing to help me with moving, storage, and parting it out?  I can't outright pay you, but am willing to share parts in exchange for the help.  Feel free to reply here or PM me.  Probably need to move it out of his spot within 2-3 weeks.

Now I have two non-running NKs...

'67 BMW 2000 (Chamonix)

'68 BMW 2000 (Granada)