• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone wants to buy my project [ADVICE]

Hi everyone,

Someone has approached me to buy my '02. It is in a unique condition given that it is my project car, and I am not sure what price would be reasonable to accept. Below is a rundown of the current state of the car. 

It is mid way through an M42 swap. The body is in fairly good condition. The engine is not yet properly mounted as I need to swap out the current lower oil sump for a different version which I have, in order for it to fit correctly. The engine going in it is in good working condition and was running well on the car it was removed from. I also have the transmission and driveshaft to go with it (required for the swap), as well as the electrical harness and fuel pump. I do not have the original engine as it was in bad condition. I also do not have the original transmission for the same reason. The interior of the car is currently filled with spare parts including spare grille, spare front and brake lights. The condition of the interior isn't great, but is original. Most of the seats were unbolted to inspect the internal condition and they remain this way.

I live in Australia, where these cars are fairly rare I believe. Any advice on price would be greatly appreciated. 

I've attached all the photos I have of the car, in case that helps. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

It's possibly a silly question as the car presents fairly well from the pictures but why do they want to buy it?

someone who wants to buy an incomplete project must be fairly smitten with it or be able to laugh off the many and obvious problems from buying an incomplete car.

it looks like a nice enough car but I wouldn't buy an incomplete project. The guy who wants it might offer you more than it is worth in an incomplete condition. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/