• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater re-core

Driv3r

Not in the US but I would want to know how much labor are we talking about. Remove the whole heater box and restore Vs dropping the heater core only off at a rad shop for a flush, pressure test and maybe some solder?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Yes mate, I've already refurbished the rest of the box. Just wondering how much our American friends pay for a re core or as you mentioned, some soldering. Mine failed pressure test but not leaking water which is weird. Cant find anyone interested in fixing an old core in Sydney.

That's weird. I would get a bicycle tyre inner tube and hose clamp cut ends over the input and output hose stubs. Inflate it to about 20psi and then submerge in the bath. 

It it really shouldn't be that hard to find a rad shop who would fix a small leak. Get a copy of 'Unique Cars' and look for an advertiser. Must be easier than going overseas. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

2 hours ago, Simeon said:

It it really shouldn't be that hard to find a rad shop who would fix a small leak

Maybe in Adelaide. No one like a repair job any more in Sydney. Just about every rad shop is now switched to replacement work since its now cheaper to buy a Chinese replacement than paying twice the cost for repair. I've rang dozens, some wont do heater core, some wont repair any rad and some asking too much to repair a small leak. Time to move to Adelaide! :D