• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone help my cousin wiring up megasquirt? Central CA

2mAn

Hey everyone, I was helping my cousin build a turbo M10 and we got pretty far but I've been back at work and I live pretty far away so the project has stalled. Im hoping to find someone near Turlock CA that can help out with the wiring. He's pretty good mechanically but wiring is foreign to him. It's at the rough "90% finished" phase and I really would like to see it done by the Monterey historic or So Cal vintage at least, but it's better done late than never.

Anyone?

56445205aae8fad95a7f8246564d9339.jpg

Simon

Daily: 2017 BMW i3 REx ' the commuter' 

Weekend: 1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300 ' the polluter'

I'm not 100% sure, I know it's an older unit that came from a running M10 turbo that got parted out. In pretty sure it's fairly plug and play, but I haven't been there to work on i myself in a long time

Simon

• 4 weeks later...

So we had a guy who was going to help, and now we don't. The harness itself I've laid out and plugged everything in, but all the wires then go to the ECU and that section needs to be soldered in the right spot. I don't think it's too difficult if you've dealt with megasquirt before. I could even send the stuff out and label all the connectors so whoever can help knows what wiring goes where.

Please help another 02 get back on the road

Simon

2mAn so you have to solder the wires to the motherboard?  There is no connector?  Must be an older board.  For the past several years they have been making them with plugs.  Some of them even have ampseal connectors.

If it were me, i'd wire the board to a connector and then put the connector to the harness.  Its a lot easier to rewire a connector if something goes wrong then unsolder and resolder the board.

BTW, are you the same guy over on 914World?

Zach

Edited by vacca rabite

1 hour ago, vacca rabite said:

2mAn so you have to solder the wires to the motherboard?  There is no connector?  Must be an older board.  For the past several years they have been making them with plugs.  Some of them even have ampseal connectors.

If it were me, i'd wire the board to a connector and then put the connector to the harness.  Its a lot easier to rewire a connector if something goes wrong then unsolder and resolder the board.

BTW, are you the same guy over on 914World?

Zach

You might want to call CATuned and check if they can help.

Thats a good idea Zach. I wonder if anyone it's willing to take on that task.

And yes, I'm all over the forums. I love a lot of cars but i'm nowhere near the skill level of soldering. Plus I'm 300 miles away from my cousin and can't really help him anymore, but I'm trying to do what I can.

Outsourcing this to CAtuned will turn this into something we are trying to avoid

Simon

Purchase a new harness with the plug end pre-wired from DIYautotune and then reconnect everything according to the schematic.

I think I'd rather connect the plug rather than reconnect all of the individual connectors...

Simon