• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternate Use for Console Green Push Button Switch

2002#3

Friends,

I have a (late/'74-'75?) extra red hazard switch which I want to use as a replacement for the green passenger ejection seat button in my '74 tii.  I will reuse the original green push-in button part.

I am thinking of using the new switch as a simple manual on/off switch for my new electric cooling fan.  Probably do not seriously need the manual switch b/c an inline thermo will turn the fan on/off automatically; however, the blank green button is not doing anything anyway...

Q:  Can the extra hazard switch serve as a simple on/off switch for this purpose?  A wise move?  Should it not be done?  Seems like it might work.

Q:  Which of the 9 terminals/positions should be used for this purposes?

Q:  Info for all of us:  What are the purposes of the 9 terminals/positions on the back of this late switch (solder site, L, 49a, 40, POS, R, 30, 15, and 31)?  Note:  A small resistor connects the POS and the solder site?

I searched FAQ extensively and did not find this issue discussed.

Thank you.

I use one for the fan manual switch.

Best you review the wiring diagram and figure the terminals you need and for what the listed terminals are for.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.