• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to come clean: I'm officially a P-car owner

jgerock

OEM seals yep. Fit like they were made for the car ha ha. When I re-did my dash I had a window pro remove and replace the original! Windscreen. I almost had a heart attack when he sat in the driver's seat and popped it out with his feet. It worked perfectly though. The rear window is where the water holds in the corners might want to check beneath that seal too.

Targa Dan's seal is good.  I also had Dan recover a targa top for me.  Paid him the 1300 bones for that, and I was disappointed with the results.  The top I sent him was in pretty bad shape, and to his credit - it fits really really well.  But - for that much money it should come back perfect, and mine didn't.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Thought there were (2) local cars and coffees so I went for a drive this morning.  Chilly.    No C&C.   Beautiful weather today!

Stereo wouldn't work so I pulled the pass. seat to examine the amp.  When I messed with it before, I accidently moved the toggle switch from RCA to DIN input.  Moved it back and now stereo works.  

Did some more fiddling with the shift coupler and now think I have it in the best position so I buttoned the rear section back up.

Found a bracket in the glove box - it was for holding the rear condenser to the decklid.

39AFA282-1938-4310-BEAB-5EF98FCD0DB2_zps

Cleaned up the front trunk (frunk?) area.  The bracket that secures the jack doesn't seem to work.  Both ends of the jack are larger than the opening in the fixed bracket.

B8036B4F-4998-49E0-98ED-8A8831A12A08_zps

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Didn't have time to paint the bracket before re-mounting?  Very un-Jim like.

There should be a rubber strap to hold the jack into place.  

20151108_154628_zpsh7qxkdkd.jpg

It sounds like you are really enjoying your car.  That's very cool.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

No rubber strap like yours.  My car only has a metal hoop.  No way to open it up to insert the stock jack.

Re the bracket:  I wiped it clean before installing it on the car.  The entire A/C system will be ripped out of the car as soon as I can arrange to have the old refrigerant purged. 

Maybe you can tell me what the two black horizontal bars are for that are directly underneath the foldable back seats...

I need to adjust the parking brake at the hubs - and install the sun visors - and change the tranny fluid.

Jim Gerock

No rubber strap like yours.  My car only has a metal hoop.  No way to open it up to insert the stock jack.

Re the bracket:  I wiped it clean before installing it on the car.  The entire A/C system will be ripped out of the car as soon as I can arrange to have the old refrigerant purged. 

Maybe you can tell me what the two black horizontal bars are for that are directly underneath the foldable back seats...

I need to adjust the parking brake at the hubs - and install the sun visors - and change the tranny fluid.

Huh.  The 77 jack must be different than the 84 jack.

Hz bars underneath the seats?  Where Jim?  On the shelf or on the pan?  Pic?

On the tranny fluid - everyone says pull the fill plug first, drain plug second.  Seems logical when you think about it, but good advice.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

On the tranny fluid - everyone says pull the fill plug first, drain plug second.  Seems logical when you think about it, but good advice.

that applies to changing any fluid in anything.  don't dump the old stuff out if you are not positive you can refill it.   fill plug out first...always.

2xM3

Yep - luckily, I've never had to experience that one the hard way.  Always a good reminder though

Jim - if you didn't get one already.  I saw this laying in my garage tonight, and thought about how handy it was.

You need one if you don't have one:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0805/POR_0805_MISCLL_pg13.htm#item54

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Hz bars underneath the seats?  Where Jim?  On the shelf or on the pan?  Pic?

on the vertical bulkhead under front of back seat bottom.  facing front seats.  look like the right size to put a harness though.  there in one behind both front seats.   about 3in wide black bracket.  solidly mounted.

2xM3

Jim - if you didn't get one already.  I saw this laying in my garage tonight, and thought about how handy it was.

You need one if you don't have one:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0805/POR_0805_MISCLL_pg13.htm#item54

You mean that jack pad "lollipop"?   I need to get one (or two since I have two jacks).

Jim Gerock

Ahhhhh - OK.  My car doesn't have those.

I'm not sure what those are Jim.  It looks like a relic of the old "luggage straps" that some of the older Porsche's had.  

I feel bad for the poor wrecked tub, but I wish I had that rear window glass in my stash.

And yes - get the Jack Lollipop.  I have one, and I use it a lot.

Edited by Kidasters

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Ahhhhh - OK.  My car doesn't have those.

I'm not sure what those are Jim.  It looks like a relic of the old "luggage straps" that some of the older Porsche's had.  

I feel bad for the poor wrecked tub, but I wish I had that rear window glass in my stash.

And yes - get the Jack Lollipop.  I have one, and I use it a lot.

My jump seats have a strap with snap on the outer portions to secure them to the parcel tray when upright - but don't think the straps would reach to hold them in the down position.

Here are a few older pics of my car two owners ago.  Note the crappy sun visors, different steering wheel, seats, front and rear spoilers, different headlight assemblies and higher ride height.  Think these are different wheels too.

ForSale911-3_zps0lglvcdn.jpg

ForSale911-4_zpselzxywnv.jpg

IMGP2162_zps1nk81rik.jpg

Jim Gerock