• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Techno Toy Tuning Coilovers

math labs

I also went with T3 with my coilovers, I just had to let them know the specs on spring length and sleeve length. I went 7" springs @ 300lbs. I stuck with stock diameter housings and KYB strut inserts to clear my wheel/tire setup (13x8 +11 offset).

Hey, mlytle.  Do I see that the retainer ring for the coilover tube is just tack welded at the back and front or is it a full perimeter weld?

Also, is that bracket on the inside (right at the perch ring) structural or for attaching something like a brake line?

I plan to buy the Ireland or GC sleeves and roll my own.  Mine is intended to end up a very bonzo street car with boosterless brakes.  I have some 14" wheels that clear stock wheel wells too.  In other words, crazy camber and huge meats won't be the goal.  An adjustable height, but very sleeper appearance is my goal.

Jose

Hey, mlytle.  Do I see that the retainer ring for the coilover tube is just tack welded at the back and front or is it a full perimeter weld?

Also, is that bracket on the inside (right at the perch ring) structural or for attaching something like a brake line?

I plan to buy the Ireland or GC sleeves and roll my own.  Mine is intended to end up a very bonzo street car with boosterless brakes.  I have some 14" wheels that clear stock wheel wells too.  In other words, crazy camber and huge meats won't be the goal.  An adjustable height, but very sleeper appearance is my goal.

Jose

welded much of the way around, but not full.  no brake line bracket needed on my setup.  bracket is the mount for the sway bar link. pic of both on page 33, post #651 and #657 in my build thread.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/103584-mlytles-m2-madness/page-33

sway link pics page 36 post #711 and #715

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/103584-mlytles-m2-madness/page-36

2xM3

Now you're getting cocky. I'm glad you have years of seat time under your belt. I admittedly only have a couple of 24 hours of lemons I can hold to that. This design works for me and my application, might not be to your taste, but by no means are your putdowns making this less functional.

Quick to the punch and quick to assume I have complete lack of knowledge. Man. I thought the 2002 group was supposed to be welcoming

nope, turns out there's a few miserable old purists. who would've thought?

Don't assume this forum is like the othe "scene kids" forums. Here we share experience. These cars have been around for a long time. Most things have been tried before and and improved upon. Take criticism as the old farts sharing knowledge.

Don't be so sensitive.

"Get some cream for your man-boobs" - Ruwan van Zyl

Edited by Cyclone101

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

• 2 months later...

I have looked at mlytle's build thread and on the forums, but I can't seem to find a measurement of strut lengths. 

An idea has sprung into my head, but I would really want to know some measurements such as....

If you have coilovers, what is the OAL from top bearing mounting face to hub center (compressed and uncompressed)

I would also like to know the offset of the wheel mounting face (as in - from the center of strut tube to mounting face for wheel) on your coilover setup.

Talking back on topic though, any feedback on how the TechnoToy coilovers are performing?

Jose

Edited by DaHose