• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Weekends Project

rgiles675

Ha!  It must be that time of year for suspension refresh!  I just posted about my front suspension rehab!  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/169484-stuck-strut-and-a-big-shout-out-to-south-austins-vintage-bimmers/

Best of luck with the rebuild.  The big front bushing is a piece of cake... you don't need any special tools.  Just grease it up good and attach it to the torsion bar and pull it backwards into place. ...oops, I don't see that bushing in your pictures.  You may as well replace them, since you will already be there once you remove the lower control arms.  

Another tip?  When re-assembling the lower control arms? Raise the outboard section high to line up the torsion bar and the subframe bolt.  I struggled with mine not lining up until I did that.

Hope your ball joints were as easy as mine to remove... 

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Ha!  It must be that time of year for suspension refresh!  I just posted about my front suspension rehab!  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/169484-stuck-strut-and-a-big-shout-out-to-south-austins-vintage-bimmers/

Best of luck with the rebuild.  The big front bushing is a piece of cake... you don't need any special tools.  Just grease it up good and attach it to the torsion bar and pull it backwards into place. ...oops, I don't see that bushing in your pictures.  You may as well replace them, since you will already be there once you remove the lower control arms.  

Another tip?  When re-assembling the lower control arms? Raise the outboard section high to line up the torsion bar and the subframe bolt.  I struggled with mine not lining up until I did that.

Hope your ball joints were as easy as mine to remove... 

Ed Z

Hey Ed what bushing are you refering to? I will order it now!