• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a normal price range for E21 recaros?

E39guy

I have a line on a pair of seats. They appear to be in okay condition but I would still likely need to have them partially redone due to the color. The headrests don't match either. One is vinyl and one is cloth. What's a reasonable price for something like this? We had discussed a price but I think I may end up out of my ballpark if I have to deal with the headrest and a missing recline knob.

Thanks everyone.

1974 Golf Yellow 2002 restoration under way!

I don't have any photos. Just description by the seller. They are local enough for me to go see so that's my plan as of now. I wanted to know what the appropriate range was so I could assess them and make a fair offer in person.

I paid $1000 for two recaros + rear seat + door panels, back in 2004. Guy had totaled his '02 and gave me what I considered a very favorable price. Here they are in my car:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boatpond/2938038903/in/album-72157607990768486/

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

otto, that setup looks fantastic. I'm going to buy the seats. If I change my mind later I can always resell. Local E21 recaros come along less frequently than the cash does to buy them. I'll have photos tomorrow unless they are in horrible shape.

I think they are great seats if your butt is not too big. I got a great deal from Marshall -- freshly recovered front e21s plus a standard rear. All in black vinyl. Jason's shelf speakers coincidentally matched perfectly. A few poor pics. a0f74c56067db38735094cadce3ff4aa.jpg6f34ec97cde2c57d223aaad25bf76472.jpg1e3dac5d6217d955df1ee40ec4316875.jpg8ae85ad6f61e1bb4e00041182843404f.jpg

There are some sweet Recaro black/orange fades from perhaps a scirocco here locally in apparent great shape but $2k I think without headrests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

Hey Guy,

I've been looking for a set of Recaros also and have decided to go with a set of Corbeau GTS II reclining seats in leather. You can check them out here > http://corbeau.com/reclining-seats/gts-ii.html . You'll need the brackets also and Corbeau has 2002 brackets.

1974 2002 - Fuel Injected, Bored, Balanced
Wide-Body Resto-Mod w/Lots of Goodies!

My sites - 2002BMW.com & HIDupgrades.com

BMW CCA - River City Bimmers

Honestly? That seems like a damn good price for those seats! Keep us updated.

I do have the E21 recaros now. Ill get pics tonight. I'm not 100% sure I am going to keep them but figure the opportunity to buy local comes up roughly never......