• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 body on an e30 chassis, anybody recall if this has been done?

manimal

I seem to recall this happening a few years ago, probably in an eastern european country. Does anybody remember this? I can't find anything searching here or on google. IIRC it was a M42 powered e30. I'm getting some bad ideas with a few cheap cars on craigslist near me...

The track width difference is 2.9"F and 3.3"R, wheelbase is 2.8". Some misplaced turbo flares would do the trick with out shortening the e30 floor.

There was this, 2002 on subaru.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2107509

New M20 swap mounts when I get around to welding them up. I should make this font smaller because it may never happen...🙃

'71 2002 Restomod under the knife, 2012,...2018, 2019 it will run again! 2024? IDK

'74 260z K24 swap

Anyone have any links or pics? I'm interested to see how the interior worked out. Obviously a racecar is going to be a different story. Terry Sayther did it with an e36 & S52. 

Edit. A few pics of Bob Ball's hybrid. http://www.m2bmw.com/BobBall.htm

Edited by manimal

New M20 swap mounts when I get around to welding them up. I should make this font smaller because it may never happen...🙃

'71 2002 Restomod under the knife, 2012,...2018, 2019 it will run again! 2024? IDK

'74 260z K24 swap

There was a customer from New York a couple years ago who ordered some parts and said they didn't fit.  After getting some pictures we found what appeared to be a square-tail body with E30 undersides.  Customer did not know the origin behind the conversion, let alone what exactly he had prior to emailing that the parts didn't fit.

Don't think I've got pictures anymore though.

I was looking at an IX, unfortunately it's too smashed up to be useful. Probably for the better.

'74 260z K24 swap