• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Know The Whereabouts Of My Old 2002 ?

swift53

OK, you went and put it out there...

Now you HAVE to tell us the donkey story!!!

OK, Targa, you ask, you get:

Really simple, we always drove at night and party during the day, besides no A/C, so at night it was better, right?

Mostly flat out, as no traffic, but coming out of a fast sweeper there was a dead donkey ,right after you got on the gas so out of vision.

Fortunately the legs were facing me, as I realized afterwards, I did not see him and the car flew in the air, scaring the nightlights out of me. After the landing, and my head much closer to the roof as the floor had caved in quite a bit, I stopped, turned around to see what it was, as for all I knew it could have been 'anything'.

NOT that it made any difference, Mexico you know...

There was a town near by, stopped for the night, and next day went to the local 'restoration expert', took off the seat and with a sledge

and a kid under the car, flattened the floor. There were pieces of leftover donkey wedged under the car.

All in a night through Mexico :)

Regards, Alberto

PS. Where is my car?

Edited by swift53
  • Haha 1

the floor, under the driver seat, having been pounded out

as I ran over a dead donkey in Mexico. 

i truely, honestly, cross my heart, did indeed Laugh Out Loud when i read that....

really,...

i did.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

• 7 years later...

Hello friends, back again! Someone mentioned if I had a chassis number, lo and behold I found it the inside cover of my 1966 - 1970 BMW Autopress Book.

It is: 1669738, engine same, Ignition and door key W 1143, and again license plate 776 BJS, Blue plate. 1970.

I was 17.

I would love to find the car again.

Thanks for the help!

Regards, Alberto

Edited by swift53