• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt Timing With Edis Trigger Wizard

austinmf

Running EDIS with the megasquirt II (turner studio). I am about 8 degrees off on the tooth vs VR sensor. I am almost at the 10th tooth. I subtracted 8 degrees (estimation) and put a timing light on the engine. It is 0 degrees at TDC and the trigger wizard is showing 16 degrees. No matter what I do it will not change from 16 degrees. Running the timing gun up to 25, the hash mark on the flywheel pops up.  the trigger wizard is 16.
I am supposed to make the trigger wizard match the timing gun number but when I attempt to boost the number, the car runs like crap and dies.  Any ideas on how to make it match the timing number?

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

Try changing the tooth #1 angle (deg BTDC) in "Ignition Options" This may have a different menu title depending on the version of tuner studio your'e using. 

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

hmmmm  Great point!   I forgot that was there!   Thank you!!!!  

Just figured out that the trigger wizard changes this value....

post-40420-0-62774500-1387430953_thumb.p

post-40420-0-31907900-1387463118_thumb.p

Edited by austinmf

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

Austinmf 

You said you are running EDIS, but the thumbnail shows that you have selected "basic trigger"

I also noticed that you are not using the latest version of Tuner Studio. The update is free.

Here is a good link that might help you.       http://www.extraefi.co.uk/MS2_Settings.html 

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

This is actually a dummy set up on the mac for my JIMSTIM and testing.   My actual is set for EDIS

I went through Colins megasquirt set up and copied his verbatim.  :)

I ended up purchasing the full blown for the autotune... and the version upgraded yesterday for me.  

My issue is getting the software to sync with the timing light.  I am guessing to do it at 1500 and subtract in the wizard until the value matches the timing light.  I was under the impression that the value in the wizard changes as you plus or minus the value but I think the engine advance changes and you adjust via the timing light.

I am off a tooth too.... I have an 02AGAIN trigger wheel and VR sensor holder.

Thank you for your help!!!!!