• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sharing Some Vintage Race Shots

jrkoupe

Andersson, great pics as usual.   I am very (REALLY) interested in the image of the #308 car.  Do you have any information on what year and place that image was taken?  Not really clear when expanding the image due to the quality, I have a good idea that is my AlpinA car sometime after it was sold.....size of the wheels (which are AlpinA's - at lest on the front, windshield retainer clips, glass doors, rear flares, and what appears to be the same roll cage.....).  The larger I make the image, the less clear it is, need to do some comparisons to some of the early pics I have of the car when I purchased it.  Need to study some more pics I have of the car today.  Tx

www.alpinabmw2002.com

BINGO, it is for sure.  Have to run out to a friends b-day party, but will follow up tomorrow.  Amazing really.  No question about it, and I will tell you why tomorrow.  THANK  YOU.  Interesting car with an interesting history.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

More of Ricciardo Ricci. I hope these pictures are correct

1800 ti/sa ?

Ricci1800tisa_zps5899af32.jpg

1965RicciRiccardoBMW1800TIcatTurismo1_zp

1965Monza_zps48e3a7f5.jpg

With John Surtess and Mauro Forghieri Scuderia Ferrari, good company. Surtess drove for Ferrari in the mid 60´s.

JohnSurteesandMauroForghieri_zpscab4bb3b

+

RicciardoRicciITALIEN_zpsc7ee4164.jpg

Ricci4_zps1ef9e46f.jpg

StazionediSanPieroaSievebmw1800_zpsb4679

Ricci5_zps5319eae4.jpg

Ricci2_zps61ffa45a.jpg

Ricci_zps07de3a07.jpg

Monza_zpsa4cab21a.jpg

AltopianodiAsiago1978_zps8cf2c3bf.jpg

294701_212118435519998_1113611909_n_zps0

GirodItalia1974or1974_zps7267d98d.jpg

RicciardoRiccieLeoCella_zpsf6cc0f20.jpg

zric_cix_zps3b8c467e.jpg

RicciardoRicci_zps441a0f27.jpg

Ricci3_zps519e34fb.jpg

ricardoricci_zpsbff9aacc.jpg

PassodelloSpino1978_zps41ebb9ae.jpg

Edited by Andersson

I don't want to highjcack this thread, I will say that it is incredibly interesting to see these pics.  I searched for years and found very little of the car after it was sold.  I was told by one of AlpinA's export managers back in 2007 that the car was sold by AlpinA to an Italian named "Hennricci", it appears that it was Riciardo Ricci.....The #328 car appears to be a pic shortly after he must have purchased as it appears to have the same AlpinA flares on the front, with the wide Schnitzer type in the rear with the openings  for the oil coolers.  One of the trick things AlpinA did was to plumb the fire system through the roll cage.  the tubes were welded together such that none of them were closed off.  Nozzles were threaded into the tubes at appropriate locations.  On the #322 car you will see what looks like a tube coming from the rear parcel shelf up to the angled bar (roll cage).  That tube went from the fire bottle in the trunk to a threaded connector in the tube.  Also, where these roll tubes connected is the connection point for the rear shocks.  If you look closely at the #322 car you can barely make out these same connection points.  The multi colored RS Tuning car as well as the black #320 and #326 cars are the same.  I know the car was run in 1979 in the Trento Bondone Hillclimb race as I have the tag that was affixed to the roll cage, on the back is the number "256". Some pics of the car in various states before I pulled the old flares off.

post-38814-0-91710300-1400441770_thumb.j

Threaded fastener for tube/fire supression in roll cage + upper suspension pick up point

post-38814-0-17020600-1400441831_thumb.j

Oil cooler in outer wing (rear)

post-38814-0-98311800-1400441858_thumb.j

Outer wing, top down (rear)

post-38814-0-12409100-1400441902_thumb.j

Ditto, different angle.

Funny I was told by a guy that had owned the car that at one point when it was being raced in italy that it had a serpent or dragon painted on the hood.  The last couple of the black car appears to be some sort of dragon.  Absolutely amazing.

www.alpinabmw2002.com