Hooking Up Electric Choke On Weber 38

devotion

Just wanted to double check on hooking up my weber 38 with electronic choke. I have read two different things on here, one states its ok to hook up the electric choke straight to the positive side of the coil, the other said to hook it up to the number 12 fuse. Only issue there is I dont have any room under the number 12 fuse as I was instructed to run a wire from the negative side of the coil to that spot after smog removal.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

One solution would be to simply tap into that wire, up near the fire wall, and run that to your electric choke.  The reason you use the #12 fuse, or a wire coming from it, is because that fuse is only hot when your key is on - which is what you want for your carb.

Bob Napier

Took a chance and ran mine off of the green and white wire that comes off the smog relays on firewall, had removed most of the smog gear but this one was still energized, also studied numerous wiring diagrams and the choke wire seemed to be green and white, only test I havent done is if this stays energised all the time or times off as my timer is still hooked up, BTW, adjust that choke a little leaner than factory and its so nice to have operational choke after two years of fightin my Carbunlimited knockoff, put a real Redline 38 special on and couldnt be happier, very smooth and much more torque