• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much Hp From My Bmw 2002?

opprimer

Something about your story really does not add up. A mechanic who builds race engines would not put in a 316 for street use (unless it was me :D), and would know that it would not idle well at low RPM. They would also use at least 11:1 pistons to make use of the cam. One does not go from a 316 cam all the way down to stock and not say anything to the buyer--that is just nuts. Finally, the valve springs for a 316 cam would be much too stiff for a stock cam.

Thank you for your answer Fred, i realle appreciate it.

There is something in my story that you have misunderstood or that i have not told you good enought (my english isnt that good.)

The engine, that is now sitting in my car, was build by a professional rally driver here in Denmark, i actually know this guy. When he was using this engine for race, it produced just around 200 hp. He builded this engine with the 318 cylinder head, Ti pistons, the 316 camshaft, an homemade exhaust header and so on. This engine was sitting in his racecar and used for race.

Then this guy decided that he needed an even faster engine for his car. He therefor took out this engine from his racecar and put it for sale on the internet. 

Then this guy (the guy who builded my car too), called him and said, that he wanted to buy some of this engine. He bought the exhaust header, the engine block with all its internal, the 318 cylinder head + the 316 camshaft.

Then this guy who bought the engine (this guy has nothing to do with race, he just wanted this engine because he knew it was running very well) also bought a set of brand new 45mm Weber, Dbilas intake and so on. He then put it all together and put it into the car.

Now, as i said before, he really couldn't get this engine running smoothly at lower rpms (because off the 316 camshaft off course) but he tried and tried for a very very long time. Unfortunally, all these problems got him really frustrating and he therfore ended up installing this totally stock 284 camshaft that he already had laying in his workshop.

Frederik Jensen

A stock M10 engine with 10:1 pistons and 45 DCOE's with 126 HP at the wheels is pretty damn good. Do you have the dyno sheet to prove it? And as I asked in my first post--where do your crankshaft dyno figures come from? Was the engine dynoed on an engine dyno before installing?

Ohh, i forgot to answer this. ;-)

I have the dyno sheets right here, i think they look guite good??

The engine was dynoed while sitting in the car.

I can't find out how to upload pictures in here, but you can see the car right here:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/galleri/271545-bmw_2002

And the dyno sheets:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/fotoalbum/diverse_bil/116800-bmw_2002_rullefelt?status=1&jli=true#_=_

Frederick,

Thanks for the explanation, makes little more sense. Your car is very nice--I like the color and the clean look. Now I know for sure your engine deserves better than that stock cam! :) At least with all the other bits of a former race engine, it is easy to upgrade the cam when you feel like it.

Best regards,

Fredric

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Thank you so much guys, i'm glad you like it! 

I am only 17 years old, so this is my first car. ;-) Sooo, i think i can do with the 150 hp the first year or two, and then, when i need more horsepower, i can upgrade the camshaft to a 304 Schrick.

Don´t ever sell that car! 

Don´t know if there is any dansih 02-forums, but www.02classic.no is very good. The british 02forum.co.uk is decent aswell, well, for parts at least(beware right-hand-drive cars). "Slidedeler", as you say is avaiable at koed.dk.

Don´t ever sell that car! 

Don´t know if there is any dansih 02-forums, but www.02classic.no is very good. The british 02forum.co.uk is decent aswell, well, for parts at least(beware right-hand-drive cars). "Slidedeler", as you say is avaiable at koed.dk.

Thank you! :-)

I am also planning to keep this car for many many years, i really like it!

There is a danish 02-forum, but it isnt that big, so you have to waite for a long time to get your questions answered. I will try to look at the www.02classic.no!

I know Koed.dk very well, but as you say, they almost only sell those "sliddele" ;-)